Wednesday 5 October 2011

The Docks in print?

My big news for the week is that The Docks may be coming out in print, handled by the same publisher that did Fire Season. It's a small-press arrangement, but once again the book will be getting distribution and shelf space. With luck, it might even be out in time for Christmas.

Cover mock up for The DocksA 96 page mass market paperback, it would be on the shelves at £4.99. I thought this was a bit high until I went to my local Waterstones and checked the prices on comparable titles, which start at £5.99 and go up. Since everything else on the deal seemed reasonable I've taken the plunge and optioned the print rights.

The ebook got good reviews, so I'll be chasing quotes for the back cover. After all, comments like:

"I definitely recommend The Docks for a fast, entertaining read!"
Gathering Leaves Reviews

should help get some interest and hopefully sales.

There are a few more blog features on The Docks due out later this week, so I'll tweet them as they happen.

Now back to writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment