Thursday 9 December 2010

Amazon hijinks & £3 a book?

I was rather surprised this morning to find that a seller, book depository, had started advertising my book at about £3. I contacted my publisher to see if this was a promotion, and found out a few things.

There is apparently some hilarity going on at my publishers. Due to the snow, they currently know where every copy of the book is, and have for the last three days. Certain sellers who do not have copies have been advertising it for the last three days.

On the other hand, Book Depository's offer is legitimate. More importantly the sale rate to the distributor is fixed, so it doesn't affect my royalty or the publisher's margins.

So, for anyone looking for a stocking filling for Christmas, please consider my book. After all, that is £2.97 for something you can guarantee they don't have, and that's getting 4 and 5 star reviews. Oddly enough, it is more expensive on their own page (£5.99), so to get the discount buy through Amazon.

I don't know how long that offer will stay live for, so if you're after it get it here!

No comments:

Post a Comment