Thursday, 22 July 2010

Somewhat down

The post arrived early today, and as expected there was no news. However I also received a note from one of the locations requesting ARCs who are very keen to move ahead with an ARC and a review. Last night I got a message from the Growler ( who were interested in a copy and review for their September issue.

This kind of interest, and I am still working on getting a publisher. It is somewhat depressing.

At the moment, unfortunately, everything is still up in the air. I will let you know as and when I receive news.


  1. Can't you take preorders anyway?

  2. Are you reading this blog at the same time I'm writing it? That's the second of your comments I've pulled out of the queue in five minutes!

    Taking preorders is difficult without knowing what the final cost of the book will be or having a confirmed release date. There is a company who would be willing to take a reservation fee to reserve a copy, which would allow me to take preorders. However the person would have to pay the rest of the price once the book comes out, there is the issue of refunds if they no longer want it or the full price is higher then they thought, and without a set release date there are issues about how long you can hold the money.

    Basically, without a known release date it becomes complicated, and for a set release date I need a publisher.

  3. Good luck with the book. I hope more interest in it helps.